·Î±×ÀÎ

[Re]fishers exact test and t test...
dBSTAT  2001-10-26 21:24:00, Hit : 21,295, Vote : 1223

Dear Nadeem,

Many thanks for using dBSTAT.

dBSTAT is a unique statistical software with Statistics Wizard. If you have an experience to use any database software, its use is a piece of cake.
All you have to do is to create a database table. When you create a new database structure, enter "C" (character) as nominal data (group),  "N" (numeric) as numeric data.

Statistics Wizard choose correct statistical method based on the database. Many sample data (for example, corr1.dbf, corr2.dbf for correlation) are provided.

With regard to the first of your two questions, you need to be aware of the fact that your sample data structure have two numeric fields.

You can peform Fisher's exact test on the nominal (Character) data. This is compatibe with statistical concept.

If you can change the data type do as the followings:
1. Select the FIELD menu -> Field Type
2. When Dialog Box appears, choose the field you want to change and Press the OK button.

Please do the practice using the example data, FISHER.DBF

With regards to t-test, I do not understand what is the problem.
I advise that you need to perform t-test using the provided example data, EXAMPLE.DBF

Currently, it is difficult to import EXCEL 5.0 or above. However you can use EXCEL 5.0 or above file if you save the EXCEL file as DBF File by using SAVE AS COMMAND in the Excel. Direct Import EXCEL 5.0 is under consideration for inclusion in a later release.

If you have any difficulties in using dBSTAT, please contact me via Webboard.

Sincerely yours,

SN Kim

Reply   Modify   Delete   Vote   List

fishers exact test and t test...  Nadeem  2001-10-25
20:59:00
   [Re]fishers exact test and t test...  dBSTAT  2001-10-26
21:24:00